Based on Effectiveness
A process map is a planning and management tool that visually describes your workflow.
What results should you expect from process mapping?
- It spotlights waste.
- Streamlines work processes.
- Creates and speeds up the project design and builds understanding.
- The main purpose is to improve efficiency.
What is Business Process Mapping?
- Definition of the problem: area for improvement, or customer requirements.
- Measurement of performance of the current process.
- Analysis of the process to determine the root cause of defects or inefficiencies.
- Improvement of performance by eliminating the root cause.
- Control the improved process to ensure high performance.